Private Wealth Management
Retirement plan consulting
Institutional Portfolio Services
Full-Time Retirement Plan Business Development Manager and Consultant
Part-Time Digital Marketing Manager
What We’re Like
Located in Edina, Minnesota, Stiles Financial Services has grown over the years one client at a time. We have selectively added team members with defined skills, knowledge, and experience to participate in the continued growth and to provide the synergy required to support our clients, our deliverables and service model and to stay ahead of the ever-changing environment.
We have great relationships with our professional contacts and clients, evidenced by our long-term retention. We attract clients that are looking for an independent fee-based environment that offers a comprehensive, thoughtful and holistic foundation that eliminates layers of fees and focuses on customized deliverables.
We have created a comfortable, engaging, and energetic work environment that emphasizes team work.
We support and encourage our employees to further their knowledge and education to be at the forefront of our industry. We value community service and giving back.
We embrace the utilization of technology to increase efficiencies, enhance reporting and support daily procedures and systems. Our firm is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial setting that cultivates self-starters and analytical and strategic thinking skills with a “get it done” attitude in an ethical manner.
Join our growing team!
Read more about the open positions below.
Retirement Plan Business Development Manager and Consultant
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- Minimum seven years of experience in corporate retirement plan consulting and business development
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Tenacity to manage and maintain a database
- Knowledge of RPAG (Retirement Plan Advisory Group), Fi360, Morningstar
- CEBS, CFP, AIF, CFA, CPFA or CIMA designations, or willingness to obtain
What You’re Like
We are seeking to fill this role with someone who has the following personal skills:
- Professional and proactive
- Sales acumen and persuasive
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well in a small office team environment
- Detail oriented and focused on accuracy
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Responsibilities are twofold. They include cultivating and generating new client leads and opportunities and participating in the production and oversight of the quarterly client investment and plan reviews and relationship management support. You will work closely with Stiles Financial Services retirement team members on client deliverables. You will have the opportunity to learn and take on additional responsibilities as you help onboard new clients.
- Manage, develop and maintain our corporate retirement plan prospect database
- Work with our marketing team to generate activities to attract new clients including materials and events
- Generate new client leads
- Network with centers of influence
- Lead the RFP review process
- Support the quarterly review process
- Support the on boarding of new corporate clients
Retirement Team Support
- Assist in vendor searches, as necessary, including proposal requests, review of submitted proposals, analysis of proposed investments and fees
- Attend some quarterly investment committee meetings and other meetings, as scheduled
- Interact with key contacts at client service providers including attorneys, CPAs, administrators
- Obtain current quarter’s plan information from multiple systems including updated fund performance, current fact sheets, investment scorecard data, etc.
- Participate in delivering participant education
- Obtain, review and audit current administrative and trust reports from client’s vendor(s)
- Develop plan materials to be utilized at committee meetings including agenda, economic/market update, plan statistics, investment analysis, and recommendations
- Work with Relationship Manager
- Audit plan fees and revenue sharing
- Benchmark plan investment expenses and vendor charges
- Create customized reports based on above data
- Work with Portfolio Manager to:
- Analyze fund performance and make recommendations regarding funds to hold, put or remain on watch list, and screen replacements
- Develop, back-test and benchmark custom asset allocation and target based portfolio strategies
- Interact with client’s vendor(s) to oversee issue resolution and implement fund changes, as necessary
- Interact with DCIO representatives to obtain desired data
- Propose new tools, new reports, etc., as necessary
- Master the programs utilized to create the reports
- Stay current on economic and investment trends
- Stay current on retirement plan regulatory environment and trends
- Stay current on vendors and marketplace changes
- Attend conferences and seminars
- Keep licenses and credentials current, if any
How to Apply
We are an EEOC employer. We prefer working from our office in Edina, 7505 Metro Blvd., Suite 510, versus remotely. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience. This will include a base comp package with a generous incentive for new business.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Susan Stiles at Susan@StilesFinancial.com. For more information or questions, call 952-988-0452.
Position open until filled.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
-Sign hanging in albert Einstein’s office at Princeton